Nagata Advertising, established joint corporation in the Philippines
Nagata Advertising Co., Ltd. (Head office: Tsushima, Aichi, Japan. President: Ichiro Nagata) and Game Plan Marketing Solutions, Inc. in the Philippines (Head office: Quezon city, hereinafter referred to as GP Inc.) came to an agreement to establish joint corporation “GP-NAGATA, Inc.” (hereinafter referred to as “GP-NAGATA”). The ceremony to celebrate the establishment of the joint corporation was held in Manila metropolitan region, Bonifacio Global City on the 19th August 2019.
The Philippines maintains the highest economic growth rate (*1) even in ASEAN and their per capita GDP has exceeded $3,000 (*2) in 2018. In addition, the ratio of youth population of the Philippines is high, and high economic growth is expected to continue. The advertising business market in the Philippines is also expected to expand continuously, and outside signboard and web advertisement business have great potential to develop in the future.
(*1: Statistical data provided by Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) <National Statistics Office (PSA)> at the time of 30th July 2019 shows that the real GDP growth rate in the Philippines is 6.9% in 2016, 6.7% in 2017 and 6.2% in 2019.)
(*2: Per capita GDP in the Philippines is $2,924 in 2016, $2,976 in 2017 and $3,104 in 2018 according to the data from Japan External Trade Organization (JETRO) <IMF>.)
GP Inc. was established as an outside billboard company in Quezon city in March 2009.
They mainly work on outside advertisement called Out of Home Media (OOH) in Manila metropolitan region and recently have started putting their efforts in digital signage as well.
On the other hand, Nagata Advertising has been contributing local community in Japan through various out of home advertising businesses since it has been founded in 1963. Our strength includes “Community-based enterprise”, “Owned media” and “Integrated manufacturing and sales” and we have leading shares in out of home advertising especially in the number of outdoor billboard sites which is our main force in Japan. We are recently working on setting the more digital signage at the local government offices, public facilities and shopping malls.
GP-NAGATA aims to be the company that actively exerts advertising business and contribute to the economic growth in the Philippines by providing high-quality advertising services in the country through integrating the skills of marketing, business development and human resource development, which Nagata Advertising has built up in Japan, and marketing & creative strategy, and strong local networking that GP Inc. has established in the Philippines.
■ Game Plan Marketing Solutions, Inc. overview
• Company name Game Plan Marketing Solutions, Inc.
• Location Quezon city, Philippine
• Representative Mark Bernal
• Revenue 66 million peso (1.2 billion yen) in December 2017 term
• Number of employees 73
• Business Development, marketing and management of advertising media with a main focus on outside billboard.
■ Nagata Advertising Co., Ltd.
• Company name Nagata Advertising Co., Ltd.
• Location 5-1-5-Higashi-yanagihara- cho, Tsushima City,
Aichi Prefecture 496-0045
• Representative Representative director Ichiro Nagata
• Website https://ad-nagata.com/
• Business General advertising (outdoor advertising, transit (transportation) advertising, newspaper advertising, screen advertising, digital signage advertising, shed maintenance of bus station with advertisement)
Others (security enterprise, architectural design, evaluation of seismic capacity, electric work)
• Nagata Advertising Co., Ltd. international business division, Hashi